You might heard the recent buzz about dietary benefits of hemp seeds or hemp seeds oil, but still not sure does it worth it to try?
Here are the main reasons why you should incorporate hemp seeds in your diet:
1. Hemp seeds possesses excellent nutritional value: rich in Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin D; minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron, and zinc.
2. Complete Proteins: proteins are considered complete when they contain all 9 essential amino acids in a sufficient quantity and ratio to meet the body’s needs. Hemp seeds protein contains all 20 known amino acids including the 9 essential amino acids (EAAs) that’s our bodies cannot produce. It also include, globular Edestin protein, 65%, (involves in antibodies production), which are vital to maintain a healthy digestive and immune system. Hemp protein is free of the Trypsin inhibitor that are found in soy protein, and can cause serious gastric distress.
Therefore, many professional athletes, bodybuilders and weightlifters choosing hemp protein powder vs whey (unsuitable for those with lactose intolerance), soy (mostly GMO) and rice proteins.
3. Healthy Fats: human body does not naturally produce all essential fatty acids (EFAs) and it must be obtained from external sources in the food we eat. Hemp oil has been dubbed “Nature’s most perfectly balanced oil”, due to the fact that it contains the perfectly balanced 3:1 ratio of Omega 6 (linoleic/ LA) to Omega 3 (alpha-linolenic/ LNA) essential fatty acids, determined to be the optimum requirement for long-term healthy human nutrition.
4. Can be eaten by those unable to tolerate nuts, gluten, lactose and have an allergy to these products.
5. Benefits of hemp seeds and hemp seeds oil for weight loss: many wellness experts claims that by eating hemp seeds and shifting to hemp seeds oil instead of olive/sunflower oil, they achieved great weight loss effect. It seems like consumptions of hemp seeds and hemp seeds oil boost body metabolism, increase fat-burning potential, while substantially decrease craving.
Clinical study of dietary benefits of hemp seeds in humans have only been studied to a limited extent, because of mix of legal issues and misunderstandings surrounding Cannabis plants. But a lot of upcoming data supports the hypothesis that hemp seed has the potential to beneficially positive effects on:
– heart and cardiovascular disease: lower blood LDL cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure;
– immune diseases: reduce inflammation and the symptoms of arthritis;
– reduce symptoms of PMS & menstrual cramps;
– dermatological: reduce & treat dry skin and hair conditions.
Hemp seeds possessed kind of nutty flavor, taste very yummy and can be easily incorporated into your diet while providing plenty of healthy benefits. So why not give it a try?
This article was originally published on https://hempfy.com/blogs/articles/hemp-seeds